Saturday, September 29, 2007

Supercool Stone Cold Foxes Steel Toe Readings

With a name like that, how could you not want to go to these readings?! Jeannine Hall Gailey (a Siren contributor) and Mary Biddinger will be giving one reading together in Fredonia, NY (where 10,000 Maniacs got their start back in the early 80's!). And you'll have not just one but two chances to see Jeannine:

Tuesday, October 2nd at 7 PM
Fredonia, New York SUNY Fredonia Campus 202 McEwen Hall
Mary Biddinger and Jeannine Hall Gailey reading and Q&A

Thursday, October 4th at 5 PM
Akron, Ohio Ohio University of Akron The Martin Center
Jeannine Hall Gailey reading and Q&A

If you're interested in going but need a ride, or want to carpool, or carpool for part of the trip, and live in NY, PA, MD, DC, WV, OH, let me know (leave a comment here, or email me) and maybe we can save some money and carbon emissions. I'm not sure which one I'll be going to yet, but I'll be in either NYC or Pittsburgh on those days.

(Read about one of these events: http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7136728
Jeannine's bio is a little outdated, however.)

2 comments:

Jeannine said...

Sorry we missed you, but I know it's a long way to drive - hope to see you at another reading (or AWP?)

Sara Kearns said...

Jeannine, I really regret that I missed it; I was really looking forward to it. And actually, I was in Pittsburgh the day of the Fredonia reading, and that's just something like a two-hour drive, and I love highway driving, but I had a migraine the size of, well Pennsylvania, so I didn't think I should drive on or off painkillers -- and my friend who was going with me can't drive a stick and that's the car we were taking. :(

But, yes, hopefully another reading -- and definitely AWP -- that'll be a blast!